Featured Trends

LATEST POST

Odumakin’s Afenifere’s Hate For Osinbajo Has Beclouded Their Reasoning And Morality - Oduduwa Youth Conscience Group

Odumakin’s Afenifere’s Hate For Osinbajo Has Beclouded Their Reasoning And Morality - Oduduwa Youth Conscience Group



The Oduduwa Youth Conscience Group has accused the Afenifere faction led by Pa Ayo Adebanjo and Yinka Odumakin of being hateful and jealous of their kinsman Professor Yemi Osinbajo hence their deliberate misinterpretation of his comments on insecurity in the country.

“The hate and bile Yinka Odumakin’s Afenifere breakaway group has for Vice President Osinbajo, his fellow Yoruba-man has rendered them incapable of appreciating the efforts of the Vice President, how much more understanding his words,” the group said in its statement.

Signed by Kolawole Abdulfatai, who is the group’s acting Chairman, the statement went further to accuse the Afenifere faction led by Pa Ayo Adebanjo and Yinka Odumakin, of launching attacks on the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo out of jealousy while claiming to speak for Yoruba-land.

The Yoruba youth group stated that Yinka Odumakin had quickly rushed to issue a statement condemning what the Vice President had said in New York on insecurity, and accusing him of playing politics with people’s lives without even reading the speech of the Vice President,

“Yinka Odumakin, because of his preconceived hate for Vice President Osinbajo rushed to issue a statement from erroneous media reports on what the Vice President had said. Professor Osinbajo was informing his audience that kidnapping was indeed an issue in the country, but he went further to stress that some were politically motivated, while some were not true entirely. But he did not deny that there were indeed cases of kidnapping in fact.”

“The Vice President did not stop there; he went further to highlight that arrests had been made. He also assured that the problem would be dealt with.”

The pan-Yoruba group also berated the Afenifere faction for launching needless attacks on the Vice President, stating that it was ashamed of them, while faulting their claim to speak on behalf of Yoruba-land.

“We are ashamed that two men, who are filled with so much jealousy against Professor Yemi Osinbajo, who has risen to the second highest seat in the land, are launching needless attacks on him.”

“These bile-filled men claim to speak for Yoruba-land - a people of over 50 Million - but they don’t; they speak only for themselves and for their hate-filled stomachs.”

“Those who speak for Yoruba-land were with President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday, and they summarised their requests into a 5-point agenda for the Southwestern region’s development. Led by Senator Ayo Fasanmi, they presented their requests in decorum and respect for Nigeria, for Yoruba-land and for themselves. Unlike the likes of Yinka Odumakin who have constituted themselves a vinegar to pollute anything good that wants to come out of Yoruba-land.”

‘Dear Artists, Times Have Changed, You Must Engage With Your Fans’ – Don Jazzy

‘Dear Artists, Times Have Changed, You Must Engage With Your Fans’ – Don Jazzy



Don Jazzy shared a quick tip to musicians telling them the importance of engaging with their fans.

According to him, 'Dear artists. Times have changed o. This Chris brown’s post is enough to let you know that water don pass garri. Engage with your fans. This is not the time to form Jugunu for algorithm ooo. Twitter and Instagram Algo no send person'.

Dear artists. Times have changed o. This Chris brown’s post is enough to let you know that water don pass garri. Engage with your fans. This is not the time to form Jugunu for algorithm ooo. Twitter and Instagram Algo no send person. pic.twitter.com/4dpHiQB0p4

— ITS DONJAZZY AGAIN (@DONJAZZY) June 26, 2019


Teenage Girl Reacts Horribly After Consuming Drugs in Abuja [Photo]

Teenage Girl Reacts Horribly After Consuming Drugs in Abuja [Photo]



A teenage girl reacted horribly and caused a scene after abusing drugs in Abuja.

The girl, reportedly aged 17, and another friend, aged 15, went to the National Stadium in Abuja. While there, the older girl consumed an illegal drug and began reacting to it.

The younger girl narrated how the incident unfolded. She said her older friend has experimented with drugs before at her home during her brother's birthday. She claimed the girl took "small drop" on that day.

Narrating how the latest incident occurred, the girl, named Favour, said she and her older friend and some others were hanging out. She bought Coke for them but they refused to take it and she wasn't aware when they went to buy the drug her friend reacted to.

The one who took the drug can be seen on the floor rolling and screaming while calling Favour to take her home.
Yahoo Yahoo: EFCC, NCC To Partner Against Cybercrime

Yahoo Yahoo: EFCC, NCC To Partner Against Cybercrime



The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu on Tuesday reached out to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and other service providers in the fight against corruption.

According to him, concerted efforts from stakeholders in the telecommunication sector can help put an end to the cybercrime.

Magu made the call through the Zonal Head of the Commission in the South-East, Usman Imam while receiving the State Controller of NCC, Emilia Nwokoro and her team who came on a courtesy call at the Independence Layout Zonal Office of the Commission.

He said: “We thank you for coming here, you are one of our critical stakeholders because we know that in every criminal activity be it 419 or any other form of scam, there is an element of telecommunication involved. Today, criminals use SIM card/phone lines obtained illegally for a specific time and a particular fraud after which they discard it.”

“That is a problem because it gives room to commit a whole lot of crimes, and that is why we are soliciting for your support in terms of regulations.”

Noting the key role telephone lines plays in cyber crimes investigations and other forms of crimes, he emphasized on the imperative for the NCC to take the issue of SIM registration “very seriously”.

He said: “We are willing to partner with organisations that add value to what we are doing. The gap between us has further been reduced because of your visit which will enable us now talk directly and exchange ideas.

“If we are able to tackle telecommunication challenges and frauds, many other frauds would be stopped. The system is that bad that there is no coordinated data management system in the country. But we have to start somewhere to get somewhere. You must do a lot in terms of enforcement.

“I believe we have a lot of things in common regarding our respective works such as cybercrime and SIM boxing which the yahoo yahoo boys use to perpetuate their activities. We are a national independent regulatory authority as far as telecom services is concerned.” She said.

Update: Police Makes Clarifications On Alleged Kidnap Of 10 Persons In Ondo

Update: Police Makes Clarifications On Alleged Kidnap Of 10 Persons In Ondo



The Ondo State Police Command has denied report of the alleged kidnap of 10 passengers who were on transit along the Ikere – Akure highway.

A statement made available to newsmen by the command’s Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Femi Joseph, refuted the kidnap report which has been trending.

The purported kidnapping of about 10 persons as well as corps members has since Tuesday evening been making the rounds in the state.

However, the PPRO disclosed that only one person who happened to be a commercial driver was kidnapped on the road on Tuesday.

According to Joseph, the driver who has been identified as Felix Akinde was the only one in the vehicle, adding that he was on his way from Ikere-Ekiti enroute Akure, the Ondo State capital when the incident occurred.

His words: “The Ondo State Police Command wishes to allay the fear of the general public as a result of the news making the rounds on the Social media that an eighteen seater bus conveying some passengers from Ikere to Akure was blocked and ten passengers kidnapped.

“Some Online bloggers even referred to the victims as youth corps members. We wish to state that the story was exaggerated and good enough, the State Coordinator of NYSC in Ondo State has issued a statement, denying that any corps member was involved.

“To set the record straight, a space bus, Toyota Previa vehicle was driven by One Akinde Felix from Ikere Ekiti en route Akure yesterday 25/6/2019, with only the driver inside.

“At about 4 am on a spot close to the NYSC camp at Itaogbolu, the vehicle was blocked by suspected hoodlums while the driver who was the only occupant was whisked away.

“The command has since begun investigation and intensifying efforts to not only rescue the victim but to also arrest the perpetrators.”
 Father Lands In Police Custody For Forcing Daughter To Massage His Manhood In Ekiti

Father Lands In Police Custody For Forcing Daughter To Massage His Manhood In Ekiti



A 65-year-old man, Bayo Akinwete, who enjoy forcing one of his daughters to massage his manhood, and always get another drunk before subjecting her to marathon sex has been remanded in prison custody.
The accused was dragged before an Ado Ekiti Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday for the alleged offence.

The Magistrate, Mrs. Kehinde Awosika also heard that Akinwete gave his daughter alcoholic drink to intoxicate her and had sex with her.

Police prosecutor, Inspector Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that Akinwete committed the offence on June 18, 2019 in Olorunsogo area of Ado-Ekiti within the Magisterial District.

According to the prosecutor, the victim told the police that she and her 9-year-old sister were living with their father, while their mother had abandoned them with him.

The prosecutor disclosed that the victim said that there was a day, her father gave her an alcoholic drink to drink and she slept off and when she woke up, she saw her father on top of her.

Ikebuilo said the victim told her interrogators that it was not the first time her father would sexually assault her saying “he has been doing the act for sometimes.”
She said that the victim also said that their father do tell her younger sister to hold and massage his manhood.

The prosecutor said the victim reported her father to their neighbour who promptly reported the case to the police.

Ikebuilo said the offence contravened Section 31 of the Child Right Law of Ekiti State, 2012.

The plea of the accused was not taken.
The prosecutor told the court that the duplicate file has been sent to Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice
.
The Magistrate, Mrs Kehinde Awosika, ordered that the accused should be remanded in prison custody, pending an advice from the office of DPP.
Mrs. Awosika adjourned the case until August 1, 2019 for mention.
2019 Election: Tribunal Adjourns Hearing Of Atiku, PDP’s Petition

2019 Election: Tribunal Adjourns Hearing Of Atiku, PDP’s Petition



The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) on Wednesday adjourned to July 1, 2019, the pre-hearing session in the petition filed by the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and his party, challenging the re-election of President Muhammad Buhari in the February 23, 2019 general election.

Chairman of the five-member panel, Justice Mohammed Lawal Garba fixed the date, following request by Atiku’s lawyer, Chief Chris Uche (SAN) for time to enable the petitioners reply on point of law to the All Progressive Congress (APC) objection to their application, wherein they are asking the Tribunal to stop its ruling in the APC motion seeking to void their petition.

Atiku and the PDP had filed a fresh motion asking the Tribunal to halt the delivery of its ruling in a motion on notice filed by the APC to enable them to file their response.

The APC had in the motion on notice filed by its lead counsel, Prince Lateef Fagbemi (SAN) on May 15, prayed the Tribunal to void and strike out Atiku’s petition on various grounds of alleged irregularities and non-compliance with the legal practitioners Act.

When the motion was argued by Fagbemi, Atiku and PDP did not file counter affidavit, prompting the Tribunal to reserve ruling in the APC’s motion.

However, at Wednesday’s proceedings, lead counsel to the petitioners, Chief Chris Uche, informed the Tribunal that the petitioners have just received the response of the APC to their request asking the Tribunal to stop delivery of ruling in the motion and would need time to respond on point of law.

The Tribunal Chairman, Justice Garba after listening to the short argument by parties in the matter, adjourned further the hearing till July 1, 2019

The APC had on June 11, through its lead counsel, prayed the Tribunal to strike out Atiku’s petition and in the alternative strike out several paragraphs that were not supported by facts and laws.

Among others, Fagbemi prayed the Tribunal to remove ten states in the list of states where Atiku alleged that electoral malpractices took place in the February 23 presidential election.

The grouse of APC was that the petitioners failed to disclose the specific polling units where the alleged infraction took place, thereby making their claims imprecise, nebulous and vague.

Fagbemi also applied for an order of the Tribunal to strike out paragraphs where allegations of the act of thuggery, arrest, intimidation and conversion were made against Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Police and several other individuals who were not joined as defendants in their petition.

APC also applied that the claim by Atiku and his party that President Buhari was not educationally qualified to participate in the presidential election be expunged from their petition because it is a pre-election matter which the Tribunal has no jurisdiction to adjudicate upon.

Besides, APC also asked the Tribunal to strike out the petition against Buhari’s election for failure to comply with mandatory provisions of paragraph 4 and 7 of the first schedule to the Electoral Act 2010 and section 134 of the 1999 Constitution.

The APC similarly faulted the petition for being incompetent and in gross violation of section 2 and 24 of the Legal Practitioners Act and therefore urged that the petition be struck out together with the list of documents and list of witnesses to be relied upon by the petitioners.

Nigeria VS Guinea: Rohr Speaks On Why Omeruo Scored From Corner Kick, Gives Blames

Nigeria VS Guinea: Rohr Speaks On Why Omeruo Scored From Corner Kick, Gives Blames



Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr has revealed why Kenneth Omeruo scored from a corner kick in their 1-0 win over Guinea on Wednesday.

It was a late goal from Omeruo that secured three points for Nigeria against Guinea in the second group game at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

The German coach said it was exactly what they practised in training that Omeruo accomplished.

The former Burkina Faso coach also blamed the high temperature in Egypt for his team’s slow start into the game.

”All the games starting at 1630 hours are difficult for the players, so congratulations to all the players, they did very well in these conditions, it’s so hot and was not easy,” Rohr told reporters at the post-match press conference.

”We started slowly because we knew that Guinea has a good team, a good organization. We changed five starting players this time but the spirit was the same.

”It was not easy to prepare before the game because yesterday was a special day, but finally, the professionalism of my players was there.

”I think in the second half, with the time and passion, we could make the difference from a corner kick, we are happy to score from a corner kick because we practise it in training a lot and I’m also very satisfied with the five players who started this time and the spirit was the same.

”It is good to know that we have qualified before the next game against Madagascar but we play to win our games every time and no injuries in my team, it is very important.”

Transfer: Another Defender Set To Leave Chelsea As Real Madrid Take Final Decision On Signing Pogba

Transfer: Another Defender Set To Leave Chelsea As Real Madrid Take Final Decision On Signing Pogba



Chelsea’s center back, Richard Nartey has left the club on loan to Burton Albion.

The 20-year-old defender will spend the season at the League One side in his first move away from the Stamford Bridge.

“This is probably the best club (to join) that’s equivalent to Chelsea at playing out [from the back].

“I’ve watched a couple of the games and it’ll be a similar philosophy here,” Nartey told Burton Albion’s official website.

In another development, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is no longer interested in making a big-money move for Manchester United’s Paul Pogba.

This is because of the huge price tag place on the player by United.

Don Balon reports that Los Blancos President will not sanction a bid for the World Cup winner.

This is despite manager, Zinedine Zidane being keen on bringing the midfielder to the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Frenchman is expected to leave Old Trafford ahead of the new season.
Why Yahoo Yahoo Boys Should Not Be Arrested – Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Gifty

Why Yahoo Yahoo Boys Should Not Be Arrested – Ex-BBNaija Housemate, Gifty



Gifty Powers, former Big Brother Naija housemate, has advised law enforcement officers against arresting those involved in advance fee fraud, popularly known as Yahoo Yahoo.

The 26-year-old mother of one explained that cybercrime was just a mere game, hence Yahoo boys should not be arrested.

In an Instagram post, the former television reality show housemate said those who fall victim of cyber crime deserved it.

Gifty wrote: “Why should yahoo boys be arrested though? It is just a game, it is either you gain or lose. In fact, those that fall, victim, what pushed them to it in the first place?

“It’s what they deserve so they should accept it that way. Or was it someone that forced them to get involved?

“The worst part is that the police hardly does a proper investigation. As long as you have a laptop with you-you’re under arrest, what for”.