Ondo Monarch In Police Custody For Alleged Involvement In Armed Robbery



Oba Ojagbohunmi Oluwanbe of Ayetoro Community in Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State was on Tuesday ordered to be remanded in the custody of the Criminal Investigation Department, CID.

The monarch had earlier been arraigned before Akure Chief Magistrate Court over alleged armed robbery where the state CID prosecutor, Olatunji Kazeem told the court that he and others at large, armed with guns, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons, conspired to rob five different people the sum of N1,593,000 million.

Ojagbohunmi was said to have committed the offences between January 11, 2018 and October 7, 2018, at Ayetoro Community.

According to the Prosecutor, the offences are contrary to and punishable under section 1(1) 2(a) and (b) of the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provision) Act, Cap R 11 laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004, as well as section 320(1), 443(a)(1) of the Criminal Code, Cap. 37, Vol.1 Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006 and section 15(2)(a) (b) of the Chief Law of Ondo State, 2006.

The CID prosecutor said, “Oluwanbe and other at large while being armed with guns, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons did rob one Ajimijere Ayodele of his Tiger Generator valued N28,000 and cash sum of N160,000.

“Also robber one Temitope Olowodasa the sum of N270,000, one Igoli Akinlana the sum of N635,000; one Otunba Dele Kudehinbu the sum of N150,000 kept in his brief case and one Akinluwa Rachael the sum of N350,000 kept in her brief case.

“Shot one Olu Obolo in the leg and matcheted him at the rear pelvic girdle and sprayed the building of one Tobase Ayoposi with petrol, set it ablaze and destroyed the building.

“Did allow yourself to be installed as the Oba Ogeloyinbo of Ayetoro community and thereafter paraded yourself as the Oba Ogeloyinbo having not been approved by the Executive Council of Ondo State.”

Kazeem prayed the court to remand the accused monarch in the prison custody.

The presiding magistrate Olanipekun Mayomi ordered that the monarch should be remanded in CID custody till January 24, 2019, for the hearing of his bail application.

SHARE THIS
Previous Post
Next Post